With spring and summer just around the corner, you are already planning your outdoor adventures and day trips. As your time spent outside increases, so does your skin exposure to the sun.
Be prepared for warm weather with these 5 helpful tips:
1. Don't be shy with SPF. According to skincancer.org, sunscreen is most effective if applied 30 minutes prior to entering the sun, followed by re-applying it every 2 hours. The best way to keep your skin happy and healthy is to avoid skin damage from painful sunburns.
2. Know your numbers. Merely applying sunscreen will not protect you from the sun's harmful rays. The CDC recommends using a sunscreen that is SPF 15 or higher.
3. Cover up! Cut down on time in the sun for arms, legs and other parts of the body that are often exposed to sunlight for prolonged lengths of time by wearing light-weight pants and blouses. Don't forget the hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes and face.
4. Stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day. The sun is strongest, and can cause the most damage, between 10AM to 2PM. Your skin will thank you if you skip the mid-day tanning sessions without an umbrella handy.
5. Know your products. Control Corrective has a wide variety of products that help protect skin from the sun, moisturize, exfoliate, and fight the signs of aging. Be sure to stock up for the spring and summer!
Leave a Reply.